Travel to Bruges (Belgium)
How to get thereThe easiest way to travel to Bruges is by train. HOWEST conference centre is a 20-minute walk from the station. When you come out of the station (Bruges side) walk straight across station square. Then follow the signs via the Oostmeers and Zonnekemeers streets. Please check the plan for further directions.
Alternative you can take a bus to the venue: Bus 4 (direction Koolkerke De Ketel - exit De Snuffel) or Bus 14 (direction Brugge Ghandi - exit de Snuffel).
There are different ways to arrive in Bruges coming from international airports, train stations or by car. Please check the different options bellow.
Special offer from Brussels Airline: Official CarrierFlight Application:
All SN operated flights originating in Europe, Moscow, Tel Aviv & Africa to Brussels. Travel not permitted on specific codeshare flights operated by our partner airlines.
Discount is valid on both ways and on fares on which discount applies.
Validity: Booking: until 04 September 2016 | Travel: 28 August – 14 September 2016
1. Arriving in Brussels/ZaventemBelgium’s main international airport (Brussel Nationaal in Dutch) is situated about 15 km/9 miles outside Brussels in the town of Zaventem (approximately 110 kilometres/68 miles from Bruges). Flight schedules for departures and arrivals are available at the official Brussels airport website. The easiest way to travel from Brussels airport to Bruges is by train. The train station is located on level -1 of the airport building. The Airport City Express Train leaves 4 times an hour to Brussels North, Central and South Station. You will have to change in Brussels North, Central or South Station where you can take a connecting train to Bruges. The complete journey by train from Brussels airport to Bruges station will take approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Timetables are available on the Belgian Railways website.
2. Arriving in Brussels-South/CharleroiBelgium’s other international airport, Brussels-South, is located in Charleroi, at 40 km/25 miles from Brussels city and operates low cost airlines. Flight schedules for departures and arrivals are available at www.charleroi-airport.com. There are direct shuttle bus connections from Brussels-South airport to Bruges train station. Tickets are on sale inside the Charleroi airport terminal (counter no. 1) and on the internet: www.voyages-lelan.be. Buses depart from the airport 4 times a day. The journey between Charleroi and Bruges takes approximately 2 hours.
3. Arriving in Amsterdam/SchipholFlight schedules for departures and arrivals at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam are available at www.schiphol.nl. From Amsterdam, you can take the fast Thalys connection to Brussels. It is necessary to book in advance - for more information and timetables visit www.thalys.com. From Brussels there are regular trains to Bruges, the journey takes about 1 hour – timetables are available on the Belgian Railways website (www.b-rail.be). See also point 1 - Arriving in Brussels/Zaventem above.
4. Arriving in Paris/Charles de GaulleFlight schedules for departures and arrivals at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris are available at www.paris-cdg.com. The rapid RER train service links Charles de Gaulle Airport with central Paris. Trains run every 15 minutes (eight minutes in peak periods) and the journey takes approximately 35 minutes. Line B runs from the TGV station at Terminal 2 to Gare du Nord, from where you can take the fast Thalys connection to Bruges. It is necessary to book in advance - for more information and timetables visit www.thalys.com.
5. Arriving in London/HeathrowFlight schedules for departures and arrivals at Heathrow airport in London are available at www.heathrowairport.com. Heathrow Express is the fastest transport connection between Heathrow and central London. Non-stop trains run every 15 minutes between Heathrow Central and London Paddington, a 15-minute journey. From Paddington station there is a direct underground connection to London St. Pancras, from where you can take the fast Eurostar connection to Brussels. It is necessary to book in advance - for more information and timetables visit www.eurostar.com. From Brussels there are regular trains to Bruges, the journey takes about 1 hour – timetables are available on the Belgian Railways website (www.b-rail.be). See also point 1 - Arriving in Brussels/Zaventem above.
By trainThere is a direct international (Thalys) train connection between Paris and Bruges. If you are travelling from Amsterdam or London, you will need to change in Brussels. It is necessary to book in advance- for more information and timetables visit www.thalys.com (for connections from Paris and Amsterdam) or www.eurostar.com (for connections from London). Timetables, prices and information on international train connections between Brussels and other European cities are available on www.b-rail.be under ‘Travelling in Europe’. International trains usually arrive and leave from Brussels South Station (“Bruxelles Midi” in French/”Brussel Zuid” in Dutch), from where you can catch a train to Bruges. The train journey between Brussels and Bruges takes app. 1 hour.
By carTo plan your journey, please refer to www.viamichelin.com. The conference centre is easily accessible via the E40 Brussels - Ostend. Take Exit 8 (Sint-Michiels). Follow the signs to the Bruges train station (you will pass two roundabouts). At the traffic lights, go under the railway tunnel. Then turn right at the next roundabout, and then go immediately to the left. You can now follow the "Site HOWEST" signs. You reach HOWEST via the Oostmeers and Zonnekemeers.
Visa requirementsPlease check well in advance with your nearest Belgian Embassy or travel agent regarding your specific entry visa requirements. For further information about visa requirements please check the travel service site of the Belgian Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
Liability and InsuranceThe organizer is not able to take any responsibility whatsoever for injury or damage involving persons and property during the Conference. Participants are advised to take out their own personal travel and health insurance for their trip.
Visit BrugesFor further information about Bruges, please take a look at the following links.
Official website of Bruges
Some Bruges impressions
More Information and usefull links